School Council / Investors In Pupils

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 14th July

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance:  Kelci-leigh Niamh Connor Joe Finley Ashley Keisha Chloe Jephthah Daniel Ellis Blessing Jacey Lily

Topic Investors In Pupils
Chair Miss Turner School Council Committee
Details  Final discussion about Investors In Pupils reassessment and presentation. School Council Committee talked about their presentation.
Required Action Talk with Carole the IIP assessor on Tuesday 18th July.
By Who School Council
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 21st July

 



Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 30th June

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance:  Joe Finley  Keisha Chloe

Topic Investors In Pupils
Chair Miss Turner School Council Committee
Details School Council Committee met to discuss progress of presentation. They have made some posters and are starting to put together the powerpoint presentation.
Required Action To complete presentation.
By Who School Council Committee
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 14th July

 

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 15th June

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance:  Kelci-leigh Niamh Connor Joe Finley Ashley Keisha Chloe Jephthah Daniel Ellis

Apologies:Blessing Jacey Lily

Topic Investors In Pupils
Chair Miss Turner
Details Miss Turner spoke about us applying to be reassessed for Investors In Pupils and what we are going to base our presentation on.
Required Action We decided to do the presentation about the Corrie Bake Off. School Council Committee are going to lead this and put the presentation together.
By Who School Council Committee
Any Other Business Football nets presented in Assembly!
Date of Next Meeting 30th June

 

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 19th May

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance:  Kelci-leigh Niamh Connor Joe Finley Ashley Keisha Chloe Jephthah Daniel Ellis

Apologies:Blessing Jacey Lily

Topic Football Nets
Chair Finley Miss Turner
Details Finley has been to see Mrs. McNunn who spoke to him about ordering the nets and gave him some catalogues to look at. We can afford a small net per year group.
Required Action We need  to feed this back to classes and make sure this is what they want or if they would rather buy a few sets of nets and spend the rest on something else.
By Who School Council Reps
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 15th June ( after half term)

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 28th April

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies:

Topic What we want to spend Bake Off money on.
Chair Finley Miss Turner
Details

Reps have been around classes to see what they would like to spend the money on. The Committee have been taking ideas from the Listening Bench and Tuesday visits to KS1. The majority of people would like some football nets to use at lunchtimes.

The School Council did litter picking around the perimeter fence last Friday lunchtime at the request of local residents.

Required Action Meet Mrs. McNunn and see if she has any catalogues we can look at to price football nets to see if we have enough money.
By Who Finley
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 19th May (due to SATS)

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 17th March

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance:  Kelci-Leigh Niamh  Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe  Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies:  Jacey Connor Jephthah Ellis

Topic Funds raised
Chair Finley Miss Turner
Details

Finley has been to see Mrs. McNunn to see how much we raised from the Bake Off. We have got £239.79 for our School Charity and £239.78 for PTA which we can spend on something everybody wants. Miss Turner did Assembly to announce how much we have and talk about Investors in Pupils targets.

The School Council received a thank you card from a local resident for doing the litter picking. We have decided to include litter picking as an activity during Golden Time and School Councillors will lead this with Miss Turner.

Required Action

School Council Representatives to ask their class what they would like to spend the money on.

Finley to monitor targets in classes.

By Who School Council Representatives. Finley
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 28th April ( after Easter Holidays)

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 6th March

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor  Kelci-Leigh Niamh  Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe  Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies:

Topic Bake Off
Chair Miss Turner
Details The Bake Off was a massive success! Everyone contributed and worked so hard. There was a huge response and we had an ocean of cakes to sell. All of the teacher’s cakes were raffled off too. The whole school joined in and brought cakes in to sell as well as buying them. Thank you to everybody including all the judges who were fantastic! We are waiting to see how much we have raised so we can decide what we are going to spend our half of the money on.
Required Action Finley to ask Mrs. McNunn what the total amount raised is. Miss Turner to do an Assembly to announce this.
By Who  
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 17th March

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 28th February

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Finley Joe Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies:

Topic Bake Off FINAL DETAILS
Chair Miss Turner
Details

The School Council Committee met to finalise arrangement for Friday.

9:00 Finley & Ashley to welcome The Mayor and introduce him to the School Council and the other judges.

9:00 Each class TA to take cakes to Infant Hall

9:30 – Judging starts until 10:00

10:10- Assembly

2:30- Start cake sale and raffle- Miss Cook, Mrs. Paton, Mr.Rogers, Miss James, Mrs. Bacchus & Miss Turner to run the bake sale with the School Council.

Required Action

Ask Mrs. Appleton-Jones if we can do Homework Club in the mobile.

Ask about class times to come over to bake sale in Golden Time.

Ask TAs if they could bring over their classes cakes to the Infant Hall.

By Who Finley Joe Chloe Keisha
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 6th March

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date:  27th February.

Time: 12:15

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner Apologies:

Topic Bake Off
Chair Chloe Keisha Joe Finley Miss Turner
Details Everything is almost organised for the bake off on Friday. We are now able to use the Infant Hall which is much bigger! Mr. Griffin has said that he will lead the Assembly to announce the winners and talk about the School Charity.
Required Action

Need to ask Mrs. McNunn about a float for the afternoon when we sell the cakes.

Need to ask Mrs. Bacchus to be in charge of the raffle.

Need to go around all classes to promote the bale off.

By Who School Council Committee
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 28th February

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 10th February

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor  Kelci-Leigh Niamh  Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe  Finley Chloe Keisha  Miss Turner

Apologies:

Topic Bake Off
Speaker Joe Chloe Finley Keisha Miss Turner
Details

More discussion about the Great Corrie Bake Off. We have had replies from all the adults and most of them are available to judge including The Mayor!  Mrs. Brady’s sister isn’t able to come so Miss Turner is going to judge cupcakes and Mrs. Smith will be on holiday so Mr. Armsden is going to judge for the Governors. Chloe has written the letter for the whole school and this has been sent out to everyone.

The Committee has asked some other people in Y6 to help serve on the stalls during the bake sale in Golden Time and after school. (Amy, Dylan, Hannah,  Millie, Tamalia, Thomas, Phoebe)

We will need different tables set out for the different categories. We will use the spare KS1 classroom. Children will bring their cakes over at 9:15 and the judging will start at 9:30.

At 10:00 we will have an Assembly to announce the winners and say what we are going to use the money for. The winners will get a silver platter.

Required Action

Make sure Y6 helpers bring permission slips back so they can stay after school.

Double check silver platters have been ordered by Mrs. McNunn.

Ask Mr. MacDonald if it’s OK to use spare KS1 classroom to set it up.

By Who Chloe and Keisha
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 27th February ( after half term)

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 20th January

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor  Kelci-Leigh Niamh  Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe  Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies: Lily Ellis Jephtah

Topic Bake Off
Chair Finley Joe Chloe Keisha Miss Turner
Details

The School Council Committee met Mrs. Cartledge to discuss the details of organising the Bake Off. The date has been set for Friday 3rd March. The Committee and Mrs. Cartledge decided that people will need to pay £1 to enter the competition and there will be different categories for different types of cakes. The teacher’s cakes will be won by selling raffle tickets and the other cakes will get cut up and sold in the bake sale during Golden Time and after school. The School Council will ask a range of adults to be the judges for each category in the competition.

Cupcakes: Mrs. Brady’s sister.

Flapjacks/Rice Krispie cakes/Cornflake cakes –( adult volunteers): Mr & Mrs. Cole

Biscuits – (Governor): Mrs. Smith

Show cakes: The Mayor of Tameside

Sponge cakes ( PTA): Mrs. Gotovac & Mrs. Rowbotham

Muffins: Mrs.Cartledge

Other ( Students): Miss James & Mr. Rogers

Required Action

A letter needs to be written to the children informing them of the bake sale.

Letters need to be written to the adults asking them to judge.

By Who

Finley to monitor classes to make sure targets are displayed.

Chloe to write whole school letter.

Ashley to e mail the Mayor.

Other letters to adults to be written by the rest of the School Council, working together in pairs.

Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 10th February

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 13/1/17

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies: Jacey Lily Ellis Kelci-leigh

Topic Bake Off
Chair Miss Turner Joe Finley Chloe
Details We discussed plans for the bake sale and decided it would be a good idea to have a Corrie themed event and call it the Great Corrie Bake Off. We will have to send a letter to all the children with a slip attached if you want to join in. We thought it would be a good idea to raise money if we had the sale on a Friday and sold the cakes after school. We would like to give half of the money raised to our school charity and half to the PTA for the school council to ask people what they would like to spend it on. We think it would be a nice idea for the winning cake to win an apron. We want to ask Mrs. Brady’s sister to be the judge because she is a professional baker and has her own cake shop.
Required Action Meet Mrs. Cartledge to put forward ideas and confirm a date.
By Who Joe Finley Chloe
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 20/1/17

 

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 25/11/6

Time: 12:15:12-45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner Apologies:

Topic Bake Off
Chair Miss Turner Finley Joe
Details We discussed feedback from class discussions about holding a Bake Off in order to raise funds for playground equipment school .Classes agreed that a bake sale would be a good idea. Classes also wanted half of the money raised to go to our school Charity, Richmonds Hope. We agreed that we would like to have a Corrie theme for the Bake Off and discussed roles people in the School Council could have in order to organise this.
Required Action Joe and Finley to meet Mrs. Cartledge to see if this could be a possibility.
By Who School Council Committee Joe Finley
Any Other Business

Finley to monitor classes to make sure targets are displayed.

School Council Meetings adjourned until Spring Term due to Christmas activities.

Date of Next Meeting 13th January

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 10th November

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh  Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies: Niamh Ellis

Topic Bake Sale
Chair Miss Turner
Details We discussed the possibility of organising a bake sale to raise funds for some new playground equipment and how we could go about this. We decided that the School Councillors from each class would discuss this idea with their class to see what everybody else’s opinion is.
Required Action School Councillors to discuss bake sale idea with classes.
By Who School Councillors
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 25/11/16

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 14/10/16

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance:  Connor Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies: Jacey Lily

Topic Climbing Frames
Speaker Miss Turner Finley Joe
Details FO met Mrs. Cartledge to discuss the climbing frames. Mrs. Cartledge gave Finley a catalogue for us to look at. Finley and Joe met Mrs.Cartledge again and we have £8,000 available to repair the climbing frames. Mrs. Cartledge said the KS1 climbing frame will be repaired soon. Finley met the man from the company who is going to repair the climbing frames. Finley to monitor classes to make sure targets are displayed.
Required Action Finley  & Joe to talk to Mrs Cartledge again for an update.
By Who School Council Committee
Any Other Business We also discussed ideas about fund raising and decided we would like to hold a Bake Sale.
Date of Next Meeting 10th November

 

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 7/10/16

Time: 12:15-12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies:

Topic Listening Bench/ Visit to KS1 classes
Chair Joe & Finley
Details The Listening Bench and Visits took place last week. Lots of children in both Key Stages want to raise money for new equipment to play with outside. Children in KS2 in particular are interested in getting the climbing frame fixed. Ideas for fundraising were put forward  as follows:
  • Sponsored walk
  • Toy sale
  • Clothing sale
  • Book sale
  • Bake sale
Required Action Finley to arrange meeting with Mrs. Cartledge to discuss options.
By Who Finley
Any Other Business  
Date of Next Meeting 14/10/16

 

 

Corrie Primary School Council Meeting Minutes.

Date: 22/9/16

Time: 12:15=12:45

Location: 5T Classroom

In Attendance: Jacey Connor Lily Kelci-Leigh Niamh Ellis Blessing Ashley Daniel Joe Jephthah Finley Chloe Keisha Miss Turner

Apologies:

Topic Welcome new School Council
Chair Miss Turner
Details Today’s meeting was to meet up as our new School Council and introduce ourselves to each other. We voted in a School Council/ Investors In Pupils Committee- Joe as Head Boy, Keisha as Head Girl, Chloe as Communications Officer and Finley as Investors In Pupils Representative. We decided to set up a Listening Bench every Tuesday and Thursday break time for people in KS2 to put forward any suggestions to the School Council and the Committee will visit classes in KS1 every Tuesday afternoon during Assembly time.
Required Action Start Listening Bench and visit to classes next week. Miss Turner will tell children about this in Assembly.
By Who School Council Committee
Any Other Business Miss Turner will do Assembly next Friday to introduce the new School Council and talk about Investors in Pupils.
Date of Next Meeting 7/10/16

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes  18.5.16                                     

 Present

                                                  

1M - Lucas    1MD- Evie         2E- Lincoln     2R- Alfie    3A- Paige

4R- Alfie H       4C- Jedaiah   5T- Joe         6B Aleks

Absent -3G- Layla   5L Josh

Head Boy- Brandon  Head Girl- Alana    Investors Rep- Liam (minute taker)

Teacher- Mrs Bir

    We discussed about going to London

  • Sponsored event – Penalty Shoot-out

Action

  • Brandon to speak to Mr Griffin to see if it can happen during health week and if he can organise anything else.
  • Spoke about LPPA accreditation on Friday 20th May.  The school council will be asked to speak to them.

Minutes  5.11.15

 Present

                                                  

1M -  Lucas    1MD- Evie         2E- Lincoln     2R- Ellis  3G- Layla   3A- Paige

4R- Alfie H       4C- Jedaiah   5T- Joe       5M- Joshua  6B

Head Boy- Brandon  Head Girl- Alana    Investors Rep- Liam (minute taker)

Teacher- Mrs Birtles

  • We discussed our assembly on November 25th during anti-bullying week. 
  • The Theme is ‘Make a Noise about Bullying’
  • We have decided to present it as a quiz.
  • We listened to Jessie J song – Who you are.

Action

  • Everyone to think of questions and answers we could use in the quiz.
  • Learn Jessie J song.
  • Brandon and Alana to collect questions for quiz
  • Brandon to give everyone copies of the lyrics.

Minutes 13th October.

1M -     Lucas 1MD- Evie         2E- Lincoln     2R- Ellis  3G- Layla   3R- Paige

4R- Alfie H       4C- Jedaiah   5T- Joe       5M- Joshua  6B- Aleks

Head Boy- Brandon  Head Girl- Alana    Investors Rep- Liam

Teacher- Mrs Birtles

  • The lists had been written on stored on the school system.
  • Liam to print them off and present to PTA
  • The children decided they would check with Mrs Cartledge about the parachute jump for a staff member, and to see if it was the best way to raise money.
  • The children requested they had a stall at the Hot Pot supper to raise money – a poetry competition was suggested.  Mrs Birtles said she would find a decorated sheet and a prize. 
  • Aleks and Brandon wanted to develop their own football quiz.
  • Next meeting Wednesday 5th November 12.45 pm in Reception.

 

 

Minutes October 1st

Present

Visitors - Mrs Rowbotham                                                   

1M -      1MD- Evie         2E- Lincoln     2R- Ellis  3G- Layla   3R- Paige

4R- Alfie H       4C- Jedaiah   5T- Joe       5M- Joshua  6B- Aleks

Head Boy- Brandon  Head Girl- Alana    Investors Rep- Liam (minute taker)

Teacher- Mrs Birtles

Feedback was given on information collected from classes regarding outdoor play equipment, fund raising ideas and films for film night.

Agreed to meet on Monday 13th Oct to present collated feedback ready to be presented to PTA.

 

Minutes  24.9.15

 Present

Visitors - PTA Mrs Gotovac and Mrs Rowbotham                                                   

1M -      1MD- Evie         2E- Lincoln     2R- Ellis  3G- Layla   3R- Paige

4R- Alfie H       4C- Jedaiah   5T- Joe       5M- Joshua  6B- Aleks

Head Boy- Brandon  Head Girl- Alana    Investors Rep- Liam (minute taker)

Teacher- Mrs Birtles

  • Mrs Birtles told us we are going to introduce ourselves during assembly tomorrow.
  • Mrs Birtles told us about a Thank You Letter from Irwell Valley about the behaviour of the school council and the eco committee when they attended the opening of the Heritage Trail last Friday.

Action- Joe and Alfie to write a response.

  • Mrs Birtles told us about the School Council Assembly tomorrow, where we will introduce ourselves and tell people about what we will be doing this year.
  • Mrs Gotovac and Mrs Robotham from the PTA came to talk to us about re- developing the key stage 2 playground. They asked for ideas we decided that each school councillor will go back to their class and ask for ideas.

Action – To collect ideas from each class.

  • On November 19th we are going to have a movie night and sell the tickets, buy popcorn and watch a movie. The film has got to be U. We have also to decide how to raise money for the school playground.

Action to collect ideas from each class.

  • We have an assembly on November 25th during anti-bullying week.  Mrs Birtles said we could look at the website and think of ideas we could do for the theme ‘Make a Noise about Bullying’.

Next Meeting - October 1st at 12.45pm

 

 

 

 

18th September 2015

Welcome to our new Key Stage 1 school councillors

Lexie and Evie in Year 1 and Ellis and Lincoln in Year 2.

Well done to all the children in Key Stage 2 who completed an application form to become a School Councillor.  The standard of applications was very high this year, and unfortunately we can only elect one person per class.  

Well done to the following children who were elected by their class.

3A Paige N

3G Layla L

4R Alfie H

4C Jedaiah A

5T Joe D

5LB Joshua B

Y6 Aleks G

Head Boy Brandon

Head Girl Alana

Investors Rep Liam

Our first meeting for Key Stage 2 children was held on Monday 14th September at 11am when children were informed about an exciting event we will be attending this Friday 18th September.  We have been invited to attend the opening of Haughton Green Heritage Trail at the Oasis Centre, where we will also be provided with lunch.  How exciting for our first meeting!

Key Stage 1 are still in the process of electing their School Councillors.

 

 

 

 

Thursday 16 July 2015

Apologies  Maisie N (Head Girl)    

Present; Lewis B (Head Boy)                                                Liam 5B (IIP Rep)

Caitlin D 6S                                                                         Brooke D  3R

Alana 5B                                                                              Lola 3G                           

Millie S 4C                                                                           Ruby-Jo 2E

Ethan 4C                                                                              Rija Y2M

Jessica Y1                                                                            Alex  

Minutes by Alana

  • Trip to Parliament has had to be postponed till next year due to the election.
  • The rotary club has contributed towards the trip to be arranged next year.
  • School mugs were designed by year 6 and sold at school fair to celebrate 50th anniversary.
  • We think we have been successful with our bid to re develop the infant and reception playground hopefully work will start soon.
  •  We read and discussed the behaviour policy and identified two items to be addressed by Mrs Ruddock before forwarding to Governors.
  • We have been invited to the opening of the Haughton Green heritage trail in September.

Mrs Birtles said thank you to everyone for all their hard work and achievements this year!

Well done everybody!

                                                         

                                                                                              

Next Meeting  September

 

 Friday 15th May 2015

Well done to everyone on the school council for presenting the assembly on the result of their survey on 'keeping safe in school'.  They have worked really hard putting the assembly together, and I know they have not had a lot of time to prepare due to SATs; especially the Year 6!  I think the younger children really enjoyed the video!  Remember - say no to namecalling!  Walk, talk...Buddy-Up!

 

Friday 6 March 2015

Apologies  Maisie N (Head Girl)    

Present; Lewis B (Head Boy)                                                Liam 5B (IIP Rep)

Caitlin D 6S                                                                         Brooke D  3R

Alana 5B                                                                              Lola 3G                           

Millie S 4C                                                                           Ruby-Jo 2E

Ethan 4C                                                                               Rija Y2M

Jessica Y1                                                                            Alex  

Minutes by Millie

  • Andrew Gyunne replied date July or May.
  • We discussed ideas for the 50th anniversary.  Some classes didn’t bring back forms.  School council discided it would be a good idea to dress up like 1960’s. Inviting ex heads  , ex pupil ,ex teachers.1960’s dance party last day of team.
  • We discussed pupil survey questions   Lewis is going to help Y2 and Liam Year 1.
  • Bring completed forms back next Friday.

            

                                                                

                                                                                                                      

Next Meeting  Friday 13 March 2015  at 1.45

Thursday 4 December 2014

Present; Lewis B (Head Boy)         Maisie N (Head Girl)     Liam 5B (IIP Rep)

Caitlin D 6S                                                                         Brooke D  3R

Alana 5B                                                                              Lola 3G                           

Millie S 4C                                                                           Ruby-Jo 2E

Ethan 4C                                                                               Rija Y2M

Jessica Y1                                                                            Alex 1R

Walk around school to look at IIP            

Thursday 14 November 2014

Present; Lewis B (Head Boy)         Maisie N (Head Girl)     Liam 5B (IIP Rep)

Caitlin D 6S                                                                         Brooke D  3R

Alana 5B                                                                              Lola 3G                           

Millie S 4C                                                                           Ruby-Jo 2E

Ethan 4C                                                                               Rija Y2M

Jessica Y1                                                                            Alex 1R

Apologies from Jessica      

1.Maisie and Lewis to continue looking for folders.       

2.Investors in Pupils Liam, Alana, Millie, Brooke to complete an audit of IIP targets etc around school using a learning walk and pupil voice. 25th Nov 12.30pm

3.Mrs Birtles is still trying to find transport for the trip to London.

4. Class suggestions for improvements around school.

Y1 – no suggestions forwarded

Y2 – no suggestions forwarded

Y3 – A football pitch,  bring in own scooters and bikes

Y4 – More PE equipment, use of bikes and scooters at playtime

Y5 – No suggestions forwarded

Y6 – Desks, lockers.

5.  – Next time we meet we are to discuss outdoor play equipment.

            

                                                                

                       

Next Meeting  Thursday 4th December.

 

Thursday 23rd October 2014

Present; Lewis B (Head Boy)       Maisie N (Head Girl)     Liam 5B (IIP Rep)

Caitlin D 6S                                                                        Brooke D 3R

Alana 5B                                                                              Lola 3G                          

Millie S 4C                                                                          Ruby-Jo 2E

Ethan 4C                                                                            Rija Y2M

Jessica Y1M                                                                           Alex 1R                           

Apologies from Alana                      

  1. Well done to Caitlin and Alana for getting the School Council badges.
  2. Maisie and Lewis are going to get the School Council folders.
  3. Liam is responsible for typing the minutes up.
  4. Investors in Pupils - Millie + Brooke to do a checklist for all the things we need to do.
  5. Mrs Birtles is trying to sort a date and transport for the junior School Councillors to see Andrew Quinn our MP in London for the day.
  6. Each class has to decide on two things they think will make our school better. These are to be brought to the next school council meeting.

Next Meeting Friday 14th November.

 

Welcome to our New School Councillors!

Present; Lewis B (Head Boy)         Maisie N (Head Girl)     Liam 6B (IIP Rep)

Caitlin D 6S                                                                        Brooke D 3R

Alana 5B                                                                              Lola 3G                          

Millie S 4C                                                                          Ruby-Jo 2E

Ethan 4C                                                                            Rija Y2M

Jessica Y1M                                                                           Alex 1R                                                   

A big well done, and a huge welcome to our new school councillors. All the children applied to become a school councillor (key stage 2 children applied in writing), and were then elected by their class mates.

At our first meeting we introduced each other, had a group photograph and decided on our first actions.

Millie was our first minute taker.

Next Meeting Thursday 23rd October 2014

 

Friday 19th September 2014

Today in assembly the children were told about how they could apply to be a school councillor for 2014. Key Stage 2 children need to complete an application form and return it to me by Wednesday next week. These will then be shortlisted for each class by myself and the head boy and girl. Children will then be able to vote for their class councillor. Teachers will arrange the elections in Key Stage 1.

I have been pleased with the number of application form already completed by children this luchtime. Well done and Good Luck everyone with your applications!

 

Application for School Councillor

 

 

 

School Council Minutes 18.7.14

Present – Liam, Keisha, Hope, Layla, Emma, Matilda and welcome also to the Investors Reps. (The Year 5 and 6 children could not attend as they were in Anglesey)

At this meeting we discussed the work we had been doing for the Investors In Pupils Assessment next Tuesday 22nd July. We looked at the assessment criteria and discussed what had been happening in our classrooms.

Earlier in the week some of the Investor’s Reps had completed a walk around school to check on targets in each classroom.

We also discussed how we could respond to the suggestions that have been put in our suggestion box. The PTA have said that they may be able to help fund some of our projects!

We decided that in September we will look at all the suggestions and identify those which are achievable - if they are easy to implement then we can do that straight away. For example some-one had suggested more Golden Time Activities – this is already being investigated for September! For those suggestions which require financial support, each class will be able to vote to select a project. (Sorry we can’t have a swimming pool!)

We are all very excited about meeting Bob on Tuesday, and hope we will be able to achieve the Investors In Pupil Award!

21/5/14

Pupils Present

Liam , Keisha, Matilda, Kye, Megan, Emma, Hope and Mrs Birtles.

We looked at the assessment criteria for the Investors in Pupils award.

We decided that we should have a checklist for all teachers.

Teachers: Please check the progress of the items below in your classroom.

Class and group individual targets that address one of the 5 areas.

Children have agreed the targets, their own targets and they are moved regularly.

Pupils contributed to reward system

IIP logo displayed in classroom.

Induction booklet

Know about staff roles

Know about pupil roles in your class and in school

Have some financial responsibility.

Know about Governors

Understand that everyone is unique and receive support their individual needs.

Check the infant suggestion box.

Next meeting Wednesday 25th June

Thank you to all the school council for all their hard work. Mrs Birtles

 

As part of our Investors in Pupils award, the school council have introduced ,suggetion boxes in each key stage.  These are some of the suggetsions so far;

To have changing rooms.

More Golden Time Activity choices

To improve the climbing frame

To have a shelter outside for when it rains

To have more after school clubs

These are really good ideas!  We will look at how we can maybe address any of the issues.  Unfortunately we can not pay the year 6 children for doing jobs, as they suggested!

We have asked all classes to start making a class booklet or powrpoint presentation for our award. 

Keep your suggestions coming.

Liam - School Concillor.

 

 

 

14.3.14

School Council Minutes 14.3.14

Present – Liam, Ella, Kiesha, Hope, Layla, Emma, Matilda

William and Daryhus did not attend!

Ella has now taken over from Nathan as Year 6 councillor.

Today the school council met to talk about a research project Mrs Birtles, Mrs Bacchus and Miss Turner are leading at school.

We looked at the definitions of the words ‘engagement’, and ‘positive learning behaviours’, and discussed the kind of behaviours which disrupt our learning.

The children then discussed what the words mean to them and gave examples they have seen in the classroom. We then looked at the definitions the teachers had given.

The School Council will take these back to their classes and discuss the words with all the children.

5.3.14

Today we all really enjoyed our visit to the Mayor's Chambers at Ashton Town Hall.  First we went into the Mayor's Chamber and had a photograph taken with the Myor and Mayoress.  We then went to look at the Council Chambers.  It was very impressive and we said it looked a bit like a court.  We saw where the Denton Councillors sit, and saw Councillor Francis's seat.  We all had a turn at sitting in the Mayor's chair.  We then went for some refreshments back in the Mayor's Parlour.  We were told that very few people got to go in there, but both The Quenn Mother and Prince Charles had visited in the past!  We were then all allowed to hold the Mace which was very heavy!  We all had a reaaly informative and exciting morning.  A huge 'Thank You' to the Mayor and Mayoress for their time and hospitality.

School Council Meeting

28.2.14

Present William, Liam, Layla, Dahyus, Nathan, Keisha, Emma, Matilda and Hope all met with Mrs Birtles.

Investors in Pupils

Well done to Key Stage 1 for their assembly this morning, we all really enjoyed finding out about the roles of; Mr and Mrs Cole, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Sutton, Mrs Gotovac and Mrs Brady.  Thank you also to Mrs Smith (Our Chair of Governors) and Mrs Ashall (Emma's Mum),  for coming to watch.

Please can all class teachers make sure their list of classroom jobs/monitors is completed, saved on the hard drive and displayed in class.  All classes have got a monitoring sheet to be completed and returned to the next meeting.

 

Targets

All classes should now have all their new individual and class targets displayed, and the children should be making progress towards achieving them..

Visit to the Mayor’s Office!

After his visit to Corrie during inspiration week, the Mayor has invited the School Council to visit his chambers at The Town Hall in Ashton! This is really exciting and we are all looking forward to our visit on 5.3.2014.  Please make sure we are all wearing our full uniform.

Next meeting 14.3.14

School Council Meeting   24.1.14

Present William, Liam, Layla, Nathan, Dahyus, Keisha, Emma, Matilda and Hope all met with Mrs Birtles.

Investors in Pupils                                                               

We have been really pleased with the school’s attendance. Well done!Thank you to those classes who have explored the roles of different adults, it is clear that the children are not clear about the roles!

Actions

Check all classes have replaced their class and individual targets and they are displayed.

Check all classes have a list of responsibilities placed in school council folder, it would be even better if these were displayed on your classes website. The list does not have to have their names of the children just the jobs.

PLEASE CAN STAFF SAVE THIS WORK IN THE SCHOOL COUNCIL FOLDER ON THE PUBLIC DRIVE.

Assemblies – Key stage 1 28th February           Key stage 2 – 7th March.

Each class has been allocated an adult to interview and find out about their role in school. This information is to be presented by your class at the assembly. It would be great if the adult could come to the assembly if not may be you could show a video of them being interviewed or carrying out their role. The class will need to think of questions to ask them and of how best they can present their findings.

Rec – Mr and Mrs Cole (volunteers)

1S – Mrs Brady (school clerk)

1R – Mrs McDonald (Cleaner)

2C - Mrs Gotovac (PTA)

2M – Mrs Hughes (Lunch time organiser)

3G – Mrs Caldwell (School clerk)

3R – Jane (Cook)

4B – Mrs Smith (Governors)

5T – Mrs Parkinson (Business Manager)

6B – Mr Jones (Site Manager)

Next meeting 14.2.14